Tuesday, December 1, 2015

BAPTISM AND NEWS FOR EVERYONE!

So I didn't post last week or the week before but I want to share I finally got to baptize someone on my mission. He is 8 and his name is Levii. His mom was inactive for many years due to the family being that way. Well she had come to a thought and feeling that she needed to get her son raised in the church so he can stay strong and not go down the wrong path. So since I got in the Carrollton Ward we have been working with them and going of the lessons to re-light the fire of their testimony to get them going. Well we did that for many months. Now a month ago Levii asked if he could be baptized cauz he felt it was right. At first he didn't want it cauz he felt his mom was pushing it. Anyway so they had a friend in Utah they skype talked to Levii and told him why it was important and how it need to be his choice his mom was just giving him that little push just to get him going. So we set the date for November cauz that friend was going to come out for thanksgiving but he couldn't make it. But one Sunday his mom was talking to me and Levii walked up to me and said "elder simons I want you to baptize me." I got exited and told him I would. We had been working together. The cool thing is, is that as I have taught him I have come close to him to where I considered him a little brother. We had fun times together. So it was exciting. It reminded me of when I baptized my younger brother Zach before I came out here on the mission. Anyway so Sunday I got to baptize Levii and he has been great and excited. He will hopefully come stay with me and visit in Utah later. 

So about the news so as allot of people know I was having knee issues well it's gotten to the point I will be returning home early to get surgery done on it to get fixed. They say it's a meniscus tear and I will be down a couple of days and then be back up but I will be home December 16th my mom is excited cauz she gets her son back for Christmas. I will miss the mission. I will miss the fun I have had out here but I'm getting called to return home at his time. There is a purpose to it and I look forward to it. But the other thing is that my bother enters the mtc tomorrow and he flys out the day I fly in but he flies out early in the morning and I fly in around the evening time so it will be interesting.

Anyway thanksgiving was fattening but good we went to 3 diffrent places for dinner it was great!

Here is a picture of the family I was telling you about I won't get the baptism pictures till I get on Facebook

I got to find one with Levii in it.


πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ     THE MISSION BLOG EMAIL          
   πŸ“πŸ“² Elder Cody Blaine SimonsπŸ“²πŸ“   
 ⛪️Everydayamissionary.blogspot.com⛪️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment