Monday, June 22, 2015

Families Can Be Together Forever!

this week has been a great and busy week! we have had lots of referrals come in we are working on contacting 158 people that have asked for missionaries or they have newly moved in and may need a new church to go to.

anyway so you probably wondering why i have this title to this post. so yesterday we were at the why i believe event at the visitor center we have each month and it was he head coach of the navy football team. the one off meet the mormons. he was talking allot about families and how its important to spend Sunday together and to make them a priority along with your heavenly family. it was amazing well after the event we were driving back with our recent convert maxwell and a youth in the ward named fortune. and we got talking there was 2 parts to the conversation i want to share. 
       first: we were talking about what stood out to us in the why i believe testimonies and the head couches testimony. with the head coaches talk he talked about how his family was in utah for their sons football game at byu and he was alone for fathers day but he felt he was ment to be there with us to talk. well as he was taking about it something stood out to me that even though heavenly father has some of his family in heaven he can be lonely when we don't offer a prayer because he wants to talk to us. yesterday i had a feeling in my prayers to mention to him "happy fathers day!". it just struck me with that when days like this come we forget about our heavenly family and only remember to say it to our earthly family. 
        Second: we got talking about a member in our ward that had just passed recently and maxwell was telling me how she was very spiritual and a dream she had, she had a dream of family in the spirit world type setting and she had some family members that could hear the ancestor on the good side but couldn't be reached because they haven't been baptized yet. and it reminded me of a dream i had that i told him about and it was long ago maybe a few months ago. anyway so it was similar, here is how the setting was, we were in a nice feild with flowers all around and for a second i thought i was alone in this feild but then my nana linda walked up and then my great grandma frank walked up with her and they asked me if i had forgiven the situation that happened at my great grandma franks funeral with the family situation that happened there. here is the story of what happened at the funeral for this dream to make sence. so after my parents got seperated my ex-dad had a new woman and family. well we have a restraining order against his wife. and we are not allowed to be around her. so we had the amazing funeral service and we came back to have the lunch in and one of my uncles walked up and said we had to leave because my ex-dads wife was coming to the lunch and we were disappointed because my uncle chose a family that was not related to the family over his true family. anyway trouble happened and the family split up and some of the family is on our side and the other part of the family i havent talked to in a while. But anyway to continue the dream the 2 of my grandmas walked up to me and said, "why haven't you forgave him" I told them I did not know. Then my grandmas both bared witness to me of gods love for everyone and that he needs his temple work done so that he can be with the family. They know he is suffering and need it done. And after that dream I will never forget what the spirit and my grandmas testified to me and how important it is to do temple work and to have godly love for everyone even how bad they screw up. And so I found his name on family search and he became my priority to do when we did mission temple work I felt I was ment to do it for him and he will be happy for it. My aunt Jolena felt it was right  for me to do it.
   I know the atonement is real! i am a person in the past that did not forgive real easy but being on a mission has changed that. i am easy to forgiving people. i have forgiven my uncle and did his temple work so that he can feel joy like we do! he is with his family i know that for a fact! he is with a loving family! i know my grandmas are proud of what i did! For those that dont do famiily history this is why this is important to look for your ancestors so you can do their temple work so they can feel the happiness we have when we get there as long as we live the commandments and do acording to gods will for us! SO DO YOUR FAMILY HISTORY! LOVE YOU GUYS! ENJOY YOUR WEEK!

🇺🇸WASHINGTON DC NORTH MISSIONARY
   📝📲 Elder Cody Blaine Simons📲📝   

No comments:

Post a Comment